NOTE: this is an extract from the complete Start Up Letter that all parents need to read found here.
We request that you read the information below very carefully as it is critical to ensure a safe and organized September for all.
Each student will attend an orientation in the first week on the following schedule:
- Grade 6: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 9:30-11 am
- Grade 7: Thursday, September 10, 2020 - 1:15-2:45 pm
- Grade 8: Friday, September 11, 2020 - 9:30-11 am
- We will meet students near and around the Hawk’s Nest (play structure) in front of the school, and we will have staff there to greet you and direct you to our class lists and student gathering zone on the field. For health and safety reasons, the gathering area on the field will be restricted to students and staff.
- Limited bus service will be provided only upon request for the orientation day. To request service, please email email@example.com
- If you are dropping your child(ren) off, please keep the bus zone clear and drop off no more than 15 minutes early.
- Please send your student to school wearing a mask (if this is not possible masks will be provided).
- The purpose of the orientation day is to introduce students to their Core teacher and review health and safety routines to be ready for a full start on Monday.
- Full school days and bus service will begin on Monday, September 14 . Please ensure that you have registered for the bus through the Saanich Schools website.