NSMS – 2019 First Day Instructions
We are hoping that you had a great summer and that you are excited about the school year. The first day of school is Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
The first day of school is a shortened day with a staggered start.
- If you are a grade six student, please arrive at the school by 8:50 a.m. and gather outside the school entrance by the Hawksnest (playscape). Your name will be posted with your division number beside it. Beginning at 9:00 a.m. grade six students will be called into the gym and asked to sit behind a cone with their division number on it. At that time you will meet your advisory teacher and head to class.
- At 9:20 a.m. Grade 7 and 8 students division will be posted. Grade 7 and 8's will be called to the gym at 9:30 AM to meet their advisory teacher.
Please leave your supplies at home on the first day of school. All you need is a pen, pencil and a snack. When you have been assigned a locker then you can bring the rest of your school supplies.
- Tuesday, Sept. 3rd is a shortened day. Students will be dismissed at 10:30 AM. Buses will be picking up students from 10:45 to 11:00 AM.
- Wednesday – Students should come with lunches and school supplies. This will be a homeroom based day. (Regular School Day is 9:00 AM to 3:08 PM)
- Thursday – The first day of full classes including PE and FAAS.
- Enjoy your long weekend and we look forward to the start of a great school year. Go Hawks!
If you are or will be a school bus student you can check the school district website at www.sd63.bc.ca for more information and schedules. We will call the students to the MPR at the end of the 1st school day to assist them with catching the correct bus.
If you have any further questions please contact the school at 250-656-1129.