NSMS will be offering a Lifesaver First Aid course for interested students.
This is an introductory 6 hour first aid course available for students 10 years of age and over. Participants receive a St. John Ambulance Certificate of Participation upon completion of this course.
Each lesson will be 1 hour, from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
Topics covered include:
- Thursday, Jan. 18 Roles, Responsibilities and Emergency Scene Management
- Monday, Jan 22 Adult Resuscitation
- Thursday, Jan 25 Finish Adult Resusitation & Medical Conditions
- Monday, Jan 29: Professional Day - no lesson
- Thursday, Feb 1: Severe Bleeding and Amputations
- Monday, Feb 5: Poisoning & Burns
- Thursday, Feb 8: Make up hour (if needed)
The class is limited to 18 students. The $4.00 fee (yes, really - just $4! ) covers the First Aid Reference Guide, training and the Certificate at the end of the course.
Attendance at all sessions is necessary to pass. A make-up hour has been scheduled at the end of the course in case a student misses a session due to illness. Instruction is by Mr. D. Caley - a first aid instructor with St. John Ambulance since 1995. The low cost of the course is due to St. John Ambulance's First Aid in School's program.
The Registration Form & $4 Payment should be made at the school office (cash or cheques made out to SD63)