Front Page News

Wi-Fi Letter to NSMS Parents

Picture of Doug Caley
Wi-Fi Letter to NSMS Parents
by Doug Caley - Thursday, 28 January 2016, 1:38 PM

Jan. 28, 2016

Re: WiFi

Dear Parents/Guardians:

I wanted to thank all those parents that responded to our Wi-Fi survey. At that time we informed parents that we were looking at the option of increasing the Wi-Fi at North Saanich. We had 25 parents respond to the survey with 92% in favour of increasing our Wi-Fi to 70% coverage in the school. All our teaching staff that completed the survey were in support of increasing the Wi-Fi. Currently, we operate at 15% coverage in the school and our staff and students are finding that there are many innovative learning opportunities they are missing out on as a result of poor Wi-Fi in the school.

The next step is for us to have personal conversations with those parents who are concerned. Please contact me at the school (250) 656-1129 or email me at krussell@sd63.bc.ca if you would like to discuss your concerns with Wi-Fi coverage increasing at NSMS. If we are still finding a large majority of parents supporting increasing Wi-Fi we will approach the School Board for final approval.

* Please note that if we move forward with increasing Wi-Fi, we will be committed to providing a Wi-Fi free environment for students who request it.

Sincerely,

Kal Russell

Principal