South Vancouver Island findings from the 2013 BC Adolescent Health Survey showed (in part):
- that most youth reported good physical and mental health
- in comparison to five years earlier, local students felt safer at school
- a decrease in the percentage of South Vancouver Island students who went to bed hungry
- 77% of local students were online and/or on their phone after the time they were supposed to be asleep
- just over half of youth who had ever tried smoking had smoked in the past month (51%)
- 21% of local students had at least one mental health condition
For this and much more health information about our local youth, please click the above link.