NSMS – 2014 First Day Instructions
We are hoping that we have a resolution to the teacher bargaining and that we can start school on Tuesday September 2, 2014. Please see Dr. Elder's message that is posted on our school and district sites for more details.
Regardless of the first day of school we will have the same routine for start up. If you are a grade six student, please arrive at the school by 8:50 a.m. and gather outside the school entrance by the Hawksnest (playscape). Your name will be posted with your division number beside it. Beginning at 9:00 a.m. grade six students will be called into the gym and asked to sit behind a cone with their division number on it. At that time you will meet your advisory teacher and head to class. At 9:20 Grade 7 and 8 students division will be posted. Grade 7 and 8's will be called to the gym at 9:30 AM to meet their advisory teacher.
Please leave your supplies at home on the first day of school. All you need is a pen, pencil and a snack. When you have been assigned a locker then you can bring the rest of your school supplies.
- Please check our school and district websites for current information on the Opening Day of school and the current situation in Public Education in BC.
- Tuesday Sept. 2 is a shortened day. Students will be dismissed at 10:30 AM. Buses will be picking up students at 10:45 to 11:00 AM.
- Wednesday – Students should come with lunches and school supplies. This will be a homeroom based day.
- Thursday – The first day of full classes including PE and FAAS.
- Enjoy your long weekend and we are hoping that school will start next Tuesday.
- If you are or will be a school bus student you can check the school district website at www.sd63.bc.ca for more information on fees and schedules.
If you have any further questions please contact the school at 250-656-1129.