Daily Announcements

Thursday, October 10

Picture of Doug Caley
Thursday, October 10
by Doug Caley - Thursday, 10 October 2013, 8:48 AM

Morning Announcements for

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 2

Hawk's Clothing is on sale next week!  This is the only time this year it will be available. 
New this year:

• PE Bag (a sample will be available to view next week)
  • Female cut option for tee shirts
  • better quality clothing for the same price!

Design samples are hanging in the Conference Room window across the hall from the office.  Sizing samples will be available next week only.  Order forms will be available on our web site and at the office next week.

• Gr. 8 intramural handball today at lunch Team # 5  vs  Team # 3. 
  • Pizza tomorrow at lunch .
The NSMS Girls' Soccer team had their season opener and closer last night at Beckwith Park. With stunning goals from Jade Stewart, Emma Cowley, Zoe King, Cassie Peat, and Emma Epp, the Hawks finished the tournament with a well-earned tie, a valiant 1-0 loss, and a hard won victory.  Our goal was incredibly kept by Malaya Cruz, and Chelsea Mosher, both of whom destroyed the field as midfielders as well.  Defense was as solid as a rock with Stephania Kosmas, Jessica Underwood, Olivia Longpre, Larina Dong, and Copper Hunter giving an incredible show.  Midfield was energetic and aggressive, with Jade Stewart, Zoe King, Cerys King, Hannah Snowball, Elena Harper, Chloe Webb, and Emma Epp, who were first to the ball, yet always back to support.  Our strikers Emma Cowley, and Cassie Peat, put on an incredible show, weaving in and around opposing defenders, and helping all over the field.  Special thank yous to Kathy Fu, who started her first season of soccer with us, but was unfortunately unable to play, and to coaching assistant Konstantinos Kosmas whose help was greatly appreciated, and whose spirited cheering could be heard all over the field.  Congratulations ladies, on a job well done! You should be so proud of yourselves! Pizza lunch for our team to occur Tuesday, October 15 at lunch. Please meet by Mrs. McElgunn's office!

Congratulations to all athletes who ran at Beacon Hill Park yesterday afternoon!

• When interviewed after the race,
  • Aleko reported, "I felt like me feet were on fire!"
  • Tori said, "My butt hurts!"
  • Ben's words, "I felt like my legs were going to fall off", and "Where's Kevin?"
  • Roberto reported, "It's hard to run wothout shoes!"...one was lost mid-run!
  • Kevin said, "I can't feel my lungs!"
  •  Amhar puffed, "Why did I do this?"
  • Both Chad and Joseph were unavailable for comments.
  • All X-Courntry athletes are to meet in the M.P.R. at recess on Friday to discuss next Tuesday's City Championships at Beaver Lake Park.