Front Page News

Principal Change for 2021-22

Picture of Kal Russell
by Kal Russell - Friday, 5 March 2021, 8:06 AM

It is with mixed emotions, that I share the news that the school district is moving me to Parkland Secondary School for the 2021-22 school year.  

I have been very fortunate to have had the privilege to be the Principal of North Saanich for the last nine years. It has been a remarkable journey, and I have had the opportunity to work with so many great students, staff and parents.  

North Saanich is a special place to me, and it truly is my second home and family.  

I am pleased that I get to spend the spring working with your children, and I am positive that with the amazing staff at North Saanich, children will continue to get an excellent middle school education here in future years.  The new principal will be announced in early April.  

On the positive side, I am excited to be moving to Parkland with most of our grade 8s and joining their team, and I am looking forward to working with all our grade 6 and 7 students when they get to Parkland.  

Not many people can say that middle school was nine of the best years of their lives.  Thank you North Saanich, and Go Hawks!

Sincerely,

Kal Russell