Latest Updates & Homework
Info for parents - I am including 2 attachments about upcoming parent education opportunities. One is about managing child and youth stress and the other is about adolescent sexual behaviour - both difficult but very relevant topics for middle school kids. The flyers may not be attached to this email...to view them, please click on the "See in context" link. Let me know if you have any trouble accessing them and I can email them directly to you.
Week of February 14 - 20
This week's To Do list:
- BOM (February) Week 2. All students will be completing February's BOM work online. Students who do not have computer access at home can use Advisory time to complete this work. Students should be using my online comments to edit and improve last week's work before submitting their Week 2 response.
- Skill Builder 16 & SB 15 Corrections
- Hominids Foldable - students should be completing their notes this week and be ready to print off their foldable by Monday, Feb. 20 at the latest. There will be two work blocks this devoted to this assignment. Students who are worried about finishing in time should see me sooner than later to problem solve.
- Writing - www.asia clause practice - most students completed this worksheet in class on Tuesday but any students who were absent or who did not finish will need to add this to their To Do list for the week.
Last week's A-Team: Bernard, Jaime, Dawson, Matteo, Aidan, Olivia, Braydon, Savannah, Phoenix, Hailey, Logan, Jalen, Pritpal, Carys, Nick, Carl, Natalie, Jordyn, Faye, Abi, Denby, India, Jacob, and Shelden. (That's 24/28! Not bad for such a short week.)
- Special Presentation: Jellyfish Project - Monday, Feb. 20
- French lunch orders are due Wednesday, Feb. 22
- Pink Shirt Day - Wednesday, Feb. 22
- Non-Instructional Day - Friday, Feb. 24